|Full name||Amanda Katrina Wilson|
|Hometown||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Residence||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Education||University of California, Berkeley|
|Season(s)||Big Brother 1|
Amanda Katrina Wilson was a HouseGuest on Big Brother 1. After entering the house on Day 1, Wilson attracted controversy when she said she believed "all men are pigs" and that she's a "certified man-hater". HouseGuests April Toole, Bennett Robinson, and Kev Conrad all reacted negatively to the comments, and Wilson had altercations with them.
Wilson was nominated for eviction by her fellow HouseGuests on Day 4. She later was evicted on Day 7, after receiving the least amount of votes to save from the American public, becoming the first HouseGuest to be evicted.
Wilson was born in Seattle, Washington to parents Gregory Wilson and Olga Meyerhoff. Her father is of English descent, while her mother is an Ashkenazi Jew of German-Jewish and Russian-Jewish descent. Gregory is a pianist and musician, while Olga is a sculptor, performance artist, and former model. Wilson is an only child and was raised a secular Jew.
Wilson grew up in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle and attended Seattle Academy of Arts and Sciences, where she was active in the art and music departments, graduating as valedictorian as well. After graduating from high school, Wilson began attending University of California, Berkeley as a media studies student. After graduating, she returned to Seattle and began working in radio hosting. She identifies as bisexual.
Big Brother 1Edit
Wilson was a HouseGuest on Big Brother 1.
- Week 1
- Day 1: She was the fifth HouseGuest to enter the house, and quickly formed a bond with Kayla Gregory and Natasha Antoni. However, some of her comments regarding men caused controversy in the house, particularly with Bennett Robinson and Kev Conrad, who called her sexist.
- Day 2: She was part of the team who won a luxury dinner.
- Day 4: She nominated for the first time, choosing Bennett and Kev. However, she received enough nominations from her fellow HouseGuests in order to become nominated herself.
- Day 5: She won a four-person trip to Hawaii.
- Day 6: She attempted to bury the hatchet with Bennett and Kev, but they did not want to listen to her. She then got into an altercation with April Toole, who was defending Bennett and Kev.
- Day 7: She became the first HouseGuest to be evicted from the house, after earning the least amount of votes to save from the American public.